IFP School is the school of energy innovation and sustainable mobility, both in its teaching and in practice. Smart management of energy consumption, resource and waste management, sustainable mobility, health and nutrition, social and societal roles are all subjects at the heart of today's school challenges.
Sustainable Campus Initiative
Since 2017, the Sustainable Campus Initiative group aims at making sustainable development a reality on the ground of IFP School. Open to students, teachers and administrative staff, this group, resolutely oriented towards action, is focused on the school and its environment:
- In 2017, a campaign was launched to raise awareness among school members of eco-actions: posters now remind everyone of the importance of turning lights and computer equipment off, closing windows or reporting water leaks, in order to limit energy and resource consumption.
- In 2018, an action to reduce the consumption of plastic cups on the school campus was implemented. Supported by a group of students, this project led to the distribution of reusable water bottles to all students and school staff. Infra-red sensors have also been installed on the school's coffee machines, allowing students to use their own mug.
IFP School works in synergy with IFP Energies nouvelles' Energy Management group policy of reducing energy consumption and mitigating emissions:
- The school will soon be equipped with low-energy lamps (LEDs) throughout its building.
- Waste management will also be improved to increase waste sorting and recovery as part of the IFP School.
IFP School is committed to the issue of disability, for the benefit of the people concerned, students or staff. This dynamic is supported by the Disability Referent who is the student's contact person to:
- support them throughout their studies, from the recruitment phase at school to their placement in a company on leaving
- welcome them to school, assess their needs and put in place the necessary facilities to ensure that they have an equal chance of success in their studies (suitable equipment and premises, additional third time, etc.)
- guide them in their choice of professional projects, in close collaboration with a panel of companies.
The Disability Mission works closely with organizations and bodies working to integrate students with disabilities into higher education in order to share best practices:
- Conférence des grandes écoles
- Union des grandes écoles indépendantes
- Fédération étudiante pour une dynamique études et emploi avec un handicap…