As specified in Article D. 144-26 of decree No. 2015-1823 of 30 December 2015, "the management of the school is entrusted, under the authority of the Director General of IFP Energies nouvelles, to a director assisted by an improvement council".
The governance of IFP School is ensured by a management committee (CODIR) composed of the Director of the School, the Secretary-General, the 4 Centre Directors (corresponding to each of the thematic areas), the Director of Studies, the Director of Development, the Director of Learning and Recruitment Coordination and the Director of Doctoral Training.
The Improvement Council is chaired by the Deputy Director General of the Directorate General of Energy and Climate (DGEC) of the Ministry of Ecological and Solidarity Transition. The composition of the board is as follows: the President of IFP Energies nouvelles (IFPEN), nine members chosen from among the leaders of the energy and transport industry, four personalities representing higher education or research, four former students, three elected representatives of the school's teaching staff and three elected representatives of the students.
The role of the development board is to assist the Director of the school, in particular on strategy, general organization, composition of promotions, training opportunities and program objectives. It meets twice a year.
Its composition as of March 2019 is as follows:
- Philippe Geiger, Président du Conseil de perfectionnement
- Didier Houssin, Président d'IFPEN
In the field of industry
- Hélène Beuchot, Directrice des ressources humaines groupe, Perenco
- Bruno Covin, Directeur stratégie et ingénierie avancée GMP & EV, Alliance Renault Nissan
- Marie-Isabelle Filliette, Direction politique et stratégie RH, Holding, Total
- Philippe Franza, Directeur des ressources humaines, ExxonMobil France
- Agnieszka Kmieciak, Executive vice president people & culture, TechnipFMC
- Stéphane Martinot, Directeur marketing produit, Valeo
- Olivier Peyret, Président directeur général, Schlumberger France
- Sandra Roche-Vu Quang, Chief business development officer & CEO of new countries, Engie
- Eric Zielinski, Plant engineering manager, Saipem
In the field of higher education or research
- Dominique Bonvin, Professeur à l’École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
- Elisabeth Crépon, Directrice, ENSTA ParisTech
- Bernard Leduc, Professeur à l’Université libre de Bruxelles
- Sophie Mougard, Directrice, ENPC
- Nathalie Brunelle, Secrétaire générale – Senior vice president corporate affairs, Total
- Christian Dupraz, Senior vice president Asia, Axens
- Patrice Marez, Directeur conception, système, chaîne de traction, Groupe PSA
- Jean-Baptiste Renard, Consultant, expert en énergie
In addition, the school relies on the IFPEN scientific council and the IFPEN board of directors.