IFP School will take part in the Laurie Dake Challenge final competition on December 7th in Amsterdam during the 82nd Annual Conference and Exhibition of the European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (EAGE).
Five students from the Petroleum Geosciences and Reservoir Geoscience and Engineering programs will represent IFP School: Giuseppe Amendola (Italy), Corentin Cochard (France), Fady Guirguis (Egypt), Federica Lupone (Italy) and Ahamat Mbodou Moustapha (Chad).
The IFP School team qualified among 48 teams representing schools and universities from around the world. It will face 5 other finalists:
- University of Stavanger, Norway;
- Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia;
- Mexican Institute of Petroleum, Mexico;
- Curtin University, Australia;
- Bandung Institute of Technology, Indonesia.
For the final competition, the IFP School team will present its field plan of the Norwegian Ormen Lange deposit before a jury of experts.