As part of its EleTher Chair, IFP School is co-organizing a webinar entitled "Thermodynamic equilibrium calculations for hydrometallurgical processes: state of the art and challenges" via Zoom on Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 2:00 pm.
This event, which is free of charge and will be held entirely in French, is organized by the Prométhée Research Group, in close collaboration with IFPEN, the Toulouse Chemical Engineering Laboratory, the Phenix Laboratory, the Reactions and Process Engineering Laboratory and PROGEPI.
It aims to provide an overview of the available thermodynamic models, their limitations and current research issues in the context of applications for hydrometallurgical processes.
The presentations will be structured according to the nature of the phase equilibria considered: liquid-vapor equilibria (evaporation operations), liquid-liquid equilibria (solvent extraction operations) and liquid-solid equilibria (leaching, precipitation, electroplating operations), with the objective of defining the strengths and weaknesses of the current approaches so as to express research directions for the new challenges.
The webinar program is as follows:
- 2:00 pm: Introduction (Marie Le Page Mostefa, LRGP, Nancy - Director of GdR Prométhée)
- 2:15 pm: Modeling of liquid-vapor equilibria (J.-C. de Hemptinne, IFPEN)
- 3:00 pm: Modeling of liquid-liquid equilibria (J.-P. Simonin, Phenix Laboratory, Paris)
- 3:45 pm: Modeling of liquid-solid equilibria (L. Cassayre, LGC, Toulouse)
- 4:30 pm: Questions and conclusions
To take part, please register.