Energy Economics and Management Center
Maxime Schenckery was appointed director of the Economics and Management Center on September 3rd, 2018.
He has more than 20 years of experience in the energy sector.
With a PhD in Economics from the French University of Paris-Nord, Maxime held various positions from 1995 to 2002, including project manager at Schlumberger Industry and mission director of benchmarking services at Ernst&Young. From 2002 to 2005, he joined IFP School where he was a professor and coordinated the Petroleum Economics and Management program (today the Energy Technology Economics and Management program).
From 2005 to 2010, on secondment from IFPEN, Maxime Schenckery was senior economic advisor at the French consulate in Houston, USA, where he participated in improving bilateral Franco-American relations in the energy sector.
He then joined Qatar Petroleum until 2015, as head of markets analysis and forecast. Maxime Schenckery then headed ePwak Energy Research, a consulting and research firm where he contributed to various studies and research projects in Qatar and Saudi Arabia, including on the impacts of the Smart Cities concept on energy systems.
Areas of research:
- Energy Economics
- Geopolitics of Energy
- Energy, Environmental and Digital Transition Strategy
- Economics and innovation management
- August 2020: Adaptive Policy to Leverage Hydrogen into the Energy Transition, Policy brief for Kapsarc G20 Think Tank
- November 2019: Assessing energy policy instruments: LNG import in Saudi Arabia, Energy Policy
- October 2019: The future of natural gas in India, Kapsarc workshop, Riyad, Saudi Arabia.
- October 2019: How climate agreement creating an international carbon market could reduce stranded asset risk in GCC countries? IAEE Energy Forum
- September 2019: Integrating Saudi Arabia in the global gas market, Gastech Houston, USA
- June 2019: Are Carbon Dioxide Removal Technologies Offering Long-Term Options for Oil and Gas Producing Countries?, International Energy Workshop, Paris, France
- May 2019: Assessing Energy Policy in Resource Rich Countries, International Association of Energy Economist, Montréal, Canada
- May 2018: Marine Transport under IMO Clean Rules, Kapsarc workshop, New Delhi, India
- March 2018: Modeling a Regional Energy System in a Smart City & Low Emissions Perspective in GCC, Qatar Foundation Annual Research Conference, Doha, Qatar.
- September 2017: East Africa Shared Gas Initiative, King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Center (KAPSARC), Columbia’s Center on Global Energy Policy (CGEP) and the Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM) Workshop, Paris, France
- March 2017: Exploring the future of oil markets, Society of Petroleum Resource Engineers (SPRE) meeting, Rueil-Malmaison, France
- February 2017: Smart City and Energy Transition in GCC, Platt’s Global Crude Oil Summit, London, UK